Co-authored more than 240 papers in peer-reviewed journals, including 94 papers and 116 papers indexed by SCI and EI, respectively. The main representative works are listed as follows:
1. Lai Yuanming, Zhang Mingyi and Li shuangyang. 2009. Theory and Application of Cold Regions Engineering, Sicence Press, Beijing.
2. Lai Yuanming, Yang Yugui, Chang Xiaoxiao and Li Shuangyang. Strength criterion and elastoplastic constitutive model of frozen silt in generalized plastic mechanics, International Journal of Plasticity (SCI, IF=4.8), 2010,Vol.26, No.10，1461-1484.
3. Lai Yuanming, Gao Zhihua, Zhang Shujuan, Chang Xiaoxiao. Stress-strain Relationships and Nonlinear Mohr Strength Criteria of Frozen Sandy clay, SOILS AND FOUNDATIONS (SCI), 2010, Vol.50, No.1,45-53.
4. Lai Yuanming, Guo Hongxin and Dong Yuanhong. Laboratory investigation on the cooling effect of the embankment with L-shaped thermosyphon and crushed-rock revetment in permafrost regions, Cold Regions Science and Technology (SCI), 2009, Vol. 58, No.3, 143–150.
5. Lai Yuanming, Jin Long, Chang Xiaoxiao. Yield criterion and elasto-plastic damage constitutive model for frozen sandy soil, International Journal of Plasticity (SCI, IF=4.5), 2009, Vol.25, No.6, 1177-1205.
6. Yuanming Lai, Weidong Ma, Mingyi Zhang, Wenbing Yu and Zhihua Gao. Experimental investigation on influence of boundary conditions on cooling effect and mechanism of crushed-rock layers, Cold Regions Science and Technology (SCI), 2006, Vol.45, No.2,114-121.
7. Lai Yuanming, Zhang Mingyi, Liu Zhiqiang & Yu Wenbing. Numerical analysis for cooling effect of open boundary ripped-rock embankment on Qinghai-Tibetan Railway, Sciences in China(SCI), D, 2006, Vol.49, No.7, 764-772.
8. Lai Yuanming, Zhang Shujuan, Zhang Luxin and Xiao Jianzhang. Adjusting Temperature Distribution under the South and North slopes of Embankment in Permafrost Regions by the Ripped-rock Revetment,Cold Regions Science and Technology (SCI), 2004, Vol.39, No.1, 67-79.
9. Lai Yuanming, Wu Ziwang, Zhu Yuanlin, Zhu Linnan. Nonlinear Analysis for the Coupled Problem of Temperature, Seepage and Stress Fields in Cold-Region Tunnels, Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology(SCI)，Vol.13, No.4, 1998. 435-440.
10. Lai Yuanming, Wu Ziwang, Zhang Shujuan, Yu Wenbing and Den Yousheng，Study of methods to control frost action in cold regions tunnels，ASCE Journal of Cold Regions Engineering(SCI), Vol.17, No.4, 2003, 144-152.