|Address||320 Donggang West Road, Lanzhou, Gansu, China|
Ph.D.,Physical Geography, Beijing institute of Technology, 2001
M.S., Physical Geography, Lanzhou Institute of Glaciology and Cryopedology, CAS, 1988
B.S., Lanzhou University, 1985
Professional Employment History
1999-present Professor, Cold and Arid Regions Environmental and Engineering Research Institute,CAS
Professor, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
Visiting Scholar in Russia, America and Austria for a period of time
1.Mechanics and Engineering of frozen soil,
2.Frozen soil strength and creep
3.Frozen soil mechanics in deep alluvium
4.Frozen soil micro- and meso-structure
5.Subgrade stability in cold region
6.Techniques of protecting frozen ground
1. WeidongAn, Ziwang Wu, Wei Ma, 1989, Interaction among temperature, moisture and stress fields in frozen soil, Lanzhou University Press. (In Chinese)
2. Ziwang Wu, Wei Ma, 1994, Strength and creep of frozen soil, Lanzhou University Press. (In Chinese)
3. Wei Ma, Zhi Wen, Yu Sheng, Qingbai Wu, Dayan Wang, and WenjieFeng，2012，Remedying embankment thaw settlement in a warm permafrost region with thermosyphons and crushed rock revetment，Can. Geotech. J.， Vol.49: 1005–1014 (2012)
4. Wei Ma , Yanhu Mu, Qingbai Wu, Zhizhong Sun, Yongzhi Liu，2011，Characteristics and mechanisms of embankment deformation along theQinghai–Tibet Railway in permafrost regions，Cold Regions Science and Technology，67 (2011)：178-186.
5. Ma Wei, Cheng Guodong, Wu Qingbai, 2009, Construction on permafrost foundations: Lessons learned from the Qinghai–Tibet railroad. Cold Regions Science and Technology, Volume 59, Issue 1, Pages 3-11.
6. Wei Ma，Jilin Qi，Qingbai Wu，2008，Analysis of the Deformation of Embankments on the Qinghai-Tibet Railway. Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering. 134(11):1645-1654.
7. Wei Ma, GuangliFeng, Qingbai Wu and Junjie Wu，2008，Analyses of temperature fields under the embankment with crushed-rock structures along the Qinghai–Tibet Railway，Cold Regions Science and Technology, 53(3):259-270.
8. Ma Wei, NiuFujun, Akagawa Satoshi and Jin Dewu, Slope instability phenomena in permafrost regions of Qinghai-Tibet Plateau, China. Landslides,2006,3:260-264.
9. Wei Ma,ConghuiShi,QingbaiWu,LunxinZhang,Zhijian Wu, Monitoring study on technology of the cooling roadbed in permafrost region of Qinghai-Tibet plateau, Cold Regions Science and Technology, 2006, Vol.44, pp.1-11.
10. Wei Ma, Guodong CHENG, Qingbai WU et al, 2005, Application on idea of dynamic design in Qinghai-Tibet railway construction, Cold Regions Science and Technology, Vol 41/3, pp 165-173.
1. “Frozen soil and engineering” (Grant No.41121061),Project supported by the Foundation for Innovative Research Groups of the National Natural Science Foundation of China,2012.1-2014.12, Reseach Funds: 6 million RMB.
2. “Study on multilevel collapsibility of loess and control technique in seasonal frozen region” Project supported by Science and Technology Program of Transportation Construction in Western China.2008.7-2011.6, Reseach Funds:800,000 RMB.
3. “Research on thawed and frozen soil physical mechanics characteristics close to phase transition location”(Grant No. 41023003), Project supported by the Program of Outstanding State Key Laboratory of the National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2011.1-2014.12, Reseach Funds: 2 million RMB.
4. “Basic research on the great frozen soil engineering in Qinghai-Tibet Platuea”(Grant No. 2012CB026100), 973 Project,2012-2016,Reseach Funds: 32 million RMB.
5. “Research on warm, ice-rich frozen soil physical mechanics characteristics” (Grant No. 09SF102001), Project supported by the key Program of State key Laboratory of Frozen soil Engineering, 2009-2013. Reseach Funds: 4.4 million RMB.